02. Wait at least 24 hours for all the parts to arrive before posting any request for a repost. Allow all parts of a file to fall off your server before asking for a complete repost. See http://abmefaq.net/downld2.html#Missing
03. Post chat or requests only in the "d" discussion group (alt.binaries.multimedia.erotica.d). See http://abmefaq.net/abme.html#ABMEis
04. Never post a picture or anything other than text in the "d" group. See above & http://abmefaq.net/abme.html#ABMEisNot. For "how to" see http://abmefaq.net/viewing3.html#MakePicRequest
05. Request only what you're missing (if 15 sections of 18 are on your server, only ask for the missing 3). See http://abmefaq.net/downld2.html#DecodingOff
06. Know what types of files you can play, and learn how to play them. See http://abmefaq.net/codec.html
It's free, so lose any attitude you might have. Missing parts ARE
NOT the posters fault. Courtesy will get you far, rudeness will get you
ignored, plonked and/or reported to your ISP
02 Post only video clips or individual scenes from vids to ABME/ABNME, not complete movies as one large file. See http://abmefaq.net/posting.html#FullMovie
03. Allow all parts of a file to fall off all servers before any repost. Commonly accepted delay is 10 days. See above
04. Post only videos, video previews, and preview stills in ABME or ABNME. See http://abmefaq.net/abme.html#ABMEis
05. Post utilities, software, and other useful binaries in ABMU (alt.binaries.multimedia.utilities).
06. Post chat and comments only in ABMED.
07. Anything, and Anyone, having to do with Kiddie Porn (KP) or its like will be turned over to his ISP and legal authorities. See http://abmefaq.net/abme.html#ABMEisNot
08. Posting of multiple files by "joining" them into one Mega File is truly a way to get flamed out of your nym, without the express consent of the original Poster, and then with great trepidation. See http://abmefaq.net/posting.html#WhatWhereHowMuchandWhy
09. Posting a Renamed file is, next to KP and "joined" posting, is the next surest way to get flamed. See above link for the reasons, and how to avoid this "no-no".
10. ALWAYS provide a preview, whether a new cap or a repost. Either a jpg still or a text message in the 00 part. It will cut down on the messages to answer. See http://abmefaq.net/posting.html#PostingBinaries
11. Essential information to place in the header is:
1. whether the clip is new (your own cap) or if not yours, credit the capper.Example: "Rocker's Abc.mpg (f-f,a,zip) Split 1of14
3. codec - giving file type.
4. if it's a Zip, a Rar, or Split post, give a parts count.
5. for other tips see http://abmefaq.net/posting.html#PostingBinaries
01. Read the header of the offending post to determine which ISP is the orginal source. If you can't find it or you're not certain, post a message in the "d" group.
02. Send an E Mail to the offending posters ISP, most commonly by addressing it to abuse@offendingISP.com complete with
a) the full heading from post.
b) the reason why you feel the post was incorrect.
c) the URL of this faq.
Pages on this site and their content
copyright2000-2002 by the abmefaq consortium